Friday, October 1, 2010

Week 2 - Day 5 - Start & Finish

I started the day with 20 mins on the treadmill and then a pump class and finished off the day with a boxing session. Just over 1000 calories gone for the day. I'm happy with that.
I had a conversation with my step mum.
SM "You look tired"
ME " I am"
SM " What have you been doing"
ME "Working out 6 days a week and eating really well"
SM "That's too much. You must stop"
I look at hr in amazement as she is in her 70's, very obese and can hardly move. (well she chooses not to move)
I don't want to end up like that. My mum died just after my 14th birthday and now that I'm nealry 45, overweight with high blood pressure it's time to take control and live a long and healthy life. I want to be here to see my children grow into adults and start families of their own. I would give anything to have had my mother stay healthy and be here still now.
Thanks Mish for helping me to change my lifestyle, my eating, my exercise patterns

1 comment:

  1. Definite incentive material there Linda. My MIL is similarly big, and has big health problems, so it's a warning to me as well - though I know she'd give anything to change those years of her life where she got so big.

    ReplyDelete